Project & Installation Analysis Engineer
At ECE Offshore, a project and analysis engineer holds a flexible position in which you will work on a number of different types of projects. We typically work for both the installation contractors (Boskalis, Van Oord, Jan de Nul, Subsea 7, TravOcean) as well as the windfarm developers. The projects are either focussed on a wind farm development or a fast-track cable repair. We believe in a multi-disciplinary approach where both the theoretical aspects of installation engineering are combined with the more hands-on aspects of project engineering.
- Installation Analyses: These projects involve analysis and simulations of cable installation and equipment deployment operations using OrcaFlex. You will be using OrcaFlex together with ECE’s developed framework. In addition to performing analysis scopes for clients, you will also be working on improving and adding to ECE’s analysis framework.
- Project Engineering: These projects involve taking on tasks that are part of the engineering scopes of our clients with regards to cable installation or repair projects. For example; creating method statements and operational procedures, designing deck layouts, route engineering, etc. These tasks can be partly done at the client’s location, offshore and partly at the ECE office.
About ECE Offshore
ECE Offshore is an engineering and consultancy company focussed on the offshore cable installation industry. ECE offers innovative and performance-driven solutions throughout the offshore operations lifecycle, from project definition and consultancy to cable lay analyses and the development a real-time high-accuracy subsea monitoring system (OASYS).
In a rapidly developing offshore wind industry, ECE excels in implementing new and innovative solutions to engineering problems. With our dedicated and flexible team ECE makes sure any engineering challenges can be solved as they are encountered.
We have both junior and senior positions available:
- M.Sc degree in maritime, civil, mechanical or offshore engineering
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to tackle complex problems meticulously with an eye for every detail
- 3 years of work experience in an (offshore) engineering environment (sr. position)
- Software skills:
- Experience with finite element software (OrcaFlex is preferred)
- Cad software (Autocad / Solidworks)
- Dutch: professional proficiency
- English: professional proficiency
What we offer
- A varied work environment with a young and flexible team
- A healthy work-life balance
- The opportunity to further develop yourself in various disciplines and work for various clients including installation contractors and windfarm developers
- An industry-competitive salary
- Good coffee, lunch and a laptop with dual 28″ 4k monitor setup